Leaders are the persons who help others or themselves to do or win as a team or in an organization. They also build inspiring vision, set directions and also create new ideas. The leaders also have to use management skills to guide their followers to the right destination. Leadership can also be defined as an art motivating a group of people which results in the achievement of a common goal.
Strategic management can be defined as an art of directing and planning overall movements and operations in an organization. It is also a process of expressing the vision of organization. Strategic management is the potential which influences members in the organization to execute organizational change. It is also the identification and description of strategies which helps the organization to achieve better performance and competitive advantages.
LEADERSHIP KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED FOR CREATE AND ACHIEVE ORGANIZATION VISION AND STRATEGY
The organization has to take more effort and time to select a leader. There are several leadership skills, they are:
- Delegation: The leader should know when, what and how to delegate all the essentials to the followers. The leader should assure this skill and apply it The main challenge that the organization faces with the leaders is they do not delegate the tasks and also do not spend time on tactical activities. The leader should mainly focus on the business strategy, if that skill is developed then the leader will be more effective in their roles.
- Relationship Building: The leaders should always give importance in creating relationships, not only with the peers all in the group. Creating or building relationships is also considered as a crucial leadership skill for an effective leader.
- Realizing Bias: All the people will have inherent bias on the bases of their gender, culture, the background they come from and also on age. But the leader should not admire it and also have to realize them and also should be aware of it. The leader should understand that for a strategic growth company there needs a diverse talent base.
- Transparency: The leader should keep pushing their own transparency level. Because the followers or teams constantly look towards their leaders and they aspire to be like their leaders. It is also important to demonstrate quality to determine the leader as a truly good and transformational one. Only these types of leaders can motivate or improve the performance for their followers.
- Strong Communication: Leader should be a good communicator with his/her There will be a defined vision that has to be accomplished but if it is not communicated with the followers, it results in the failure of accomplishment. If the leader develops the skill of communication, the whole team gets an idea on the vision that has to be achieved and all the team works together to achieve it.
- Good Listening Skills: The leader should need a skill of listening to their It results in getting new suggestions or new ideas from the rest of the followers. The speaking and hearing are considered as an important element that needs in a group or team.
- Positivity: The leader should always have a positive attitude. If a team is surrounded with positive and happiness, it can offer better results for the And also with this leader attitude can also influence the followers to be positive or to think positively.
- Visionary leadership: The visionary leadership will be forecasted or will have a clear cut idea about the They create further steps or levels which will help the organization to achieve the organizational vision. The visionary leaders always give value for the vision and mission statement of the organization.
- Motivational skill: It can be defined as a set of actions or strategies which describes a response or behavior from the employees or stakeholders. It is considered as a major leadership skill and it is mainly considered on three main factors like The target audience, The motivator style and also on the personality of the person to be motivated.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED FOR CREATE AND ACHIEVE ORGANIZATION VISION AND STRATEGY
- Planning: Planning is the process of organizing the activities with setting up guidelines such as resources, labors and also money to utilize its It is also the formulation of strategies or derivation of a set of actions which helps to achieve the organizational goals and objectives.
- Communication: A manager should need the skill of communication. It is to evaluate or determine how good the information is shared with the employees or The communication can outline or can determine how well the tasks are achieved or completed. Communication also helps for the flow of information within the organization. It also helps the employees to identify the clear objectives, can gain more organizational information and also helps to avoid conflicts.
- Decision Making: Decision making is considered to be a crucial skill that a manager needs. It is also a key factor which results in the success of a manager. The manager should need the ability to make faster decisions according to the situations which helps the organization to run effectively and in a smooth Proper and good decisions result for better and performance and bad decisions for poor performance.
- Delegation: Delegation is the process of giving up or authorizing employees for work-related tasks. The manager should be well bothered at the time of The manager should need a clear cut idea about the employee and should be sure that the employee can complete the delegated task. If the task is delegated to an insufficient employee then it results for poor performance and waste of time.
- Problem-solving: A manager should need the ability to solve problems that surround the organization. In the problem-solving process the manager should find the problem and should find the best and accurate solution. It is also considered a crucial management skill that a manager needs.
- Motivating: Motivation is needed for all the employees for better performance. The manager should motivate his/her subordinates for achieving better performance and also to create a positive environment within the organization. Motivation also increases personnel and team culture. There are two types of motivations (intrinsic and extrinsic) that the managers can use.
Ability of leader to balance vision and execution
It is considered to be a strong ability of a leader which helps to achieve far reaching objectives though have to take necessary sets of action and have to execute to the both short and long term goals. Leaders should turn their visions to actions. Leaders have to think, influence and act to promote or to achieve the success of the organization. They have to maintain a clear and transparent perspective on the future of the organization.
The leaders must collaborate the ideas of the coworkers or team. It helps to integrate that idea into their vision towards the business. The leaders should need the mentality or willingness to hear other team members. It can also help to increase the knowledge on the vision of the organization between the leaders and employees.
Exploiting and maintaining core competency
Leaders can make their long-term objectives with the help of core competencies. In core competency it includes the resources and capabilities which ensures the competitive advantages. The core competencies include the bundle of financial, human and social capital. The management should exploit, define and cultivate the core competencies to succeed against the competitors.
Sustaining organizational culture
The ideas, core values and beliefs which are shared throughout the organization is considered as the organizational culture. The leaders should be capable of formulating the organizational culture on the basis of competitive advantage. It should control and manage the behavior of the employees. The organizational culture always reflects on the vision and mission statement of the organization. The organization uses certain terms to describe their work situation, customers and staff. To create a culture the organization should focus on the positives, should ensure the shared values, should receive and give feedback and also should care for the employees.
Developing human capital
Developing human capital helps to increase the skills and knowledge in the team or in the workplace. It also helps for the participation of external and internal programmers, to construct determination towards goal, to have effective development and training and also to develop the ability of an employee. For creating a developed human capital requires the creation of a necessary environment for employees which helps them to apply new competencies, developed skills, innovative ideas, behaviors and attitudes. Development of human capital also revolves in performance management, human resource management, succession planning, planning and development etc…
Balance organizational controls and structure
The balancing of controls and structure includes the validation of authority. It is considered as a major portion of the implementation process. It also helps to control the strategies and finance. It also influences the members of organizations and subunits to behave in the way which leads to the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. It also helps to avoid frauds, to improve communication, and also helps the manager to identify the efforts for achieving annual goals. For providing balanced control and structure to the organization, there are four steps included like: measuring performance, establishing organizational standards, comparing standards and performance and to take corrective measures or action when needed.
Economics plays a major role in the selection of leaders. It considers the elements like interest rate, general growth and decline of economy, inflation rates etc.. Sometimes the company has to appoint a leader for a department or for a branch without increasing their salary due to the expansion of the company.
Experience is considered as a main factor which affects the leadership. The experienced persons can guide a team more effectively and can achieve much more objectives compared to an inexperienced person. The leaders with experience will have the ability for quick decision making, to motivate their followers and also can arrange the time effectively. While selecting a leader the management gives more preference to ones who have experience.
Some of the leaders are specialized on the basis of their characters. Some people will have a special ability to solve problems and motivate the followers. Such persons are selected by the management for the position of leader. These people can bring more results to the organization.
Training will result in better responses from the employees. All the leaders and supervisors should give training to improve their efficiency. Training also results to achieve the organization goals and objectives and also for the improvement of leadership quality.
The support from the organization and from the management gives more encouragement to the leaders, that encourage results better, quality and faster achievement of organizational goals and objectives. The leaders should be authorized to make quick decisions which will be useful to the better achievement of goal. The organization should support the leaders to motivate and train their followers or subordinates.
TRANSFORMATION ON THE STRUCTURE OF ORGANIZATION
The change in the organizational structure or structural transformation, expansion to the international market also results in the change in the strategic management. The change in organizational structure means dividing the whole organization into divisions or departments. It helps the management to improve their investments, capital and market structure of the organization.
The organization should need to adapt the new trends that occur in the economy. The management has to change their strategic plans and theories according to that. The organization should change the style of the product or service, the technologies used, the marketing strategies and also the supply chain according to the changes that occur in the overall industry.
INSPIRE AND MOTIVE
The organization should delegate the authority, power and freedom to the employees to do their jobs, which will inspire and motivate them to achieve organizational goals and objectives successfully. While delegating authority to the employees helps to face the problems easier and faster. It also helps avoid conflicts and to improve strong bonds in between the team members.
CHANGE OF EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
Change in executive board members or director board may influence the changes in the strategy. The executive members may change the strategies according to their view on vision. The change in the executive board members may take time to be on track due to the employees have to clearly understand the intention of the new board.
CHANGE IN SOCIAL AND CULTURAL FACTORS
Changes in social and cultural factors in the target market may result in change in strategies to achieve the organizational objectives and goals. The social and cultural factors include the changes that occur on beliefs and values, the change in lifestyle, the increase of income level and the change in purchase behavior.